Welcome to Prospects, Prospect Hill Academy’s out-of-school time (OST) program for students in grades K-6. The mission of Prospects is to enhance every student’s developmental, social, and academic progress and to close the achievement gap by providing enriching, engaging, and fun activities that motivate students to achieve. During the Prospects program, students have the opportunity to explore, discover, and develop their skills and to increase their confidence in a loving environment. Prospects provides a warm and caring atmosphere where children are accepted unconditionally. The program further strives to continuously:
- Promote a sense of self-worth: A positive self-concept is the bedrock of all learning and growth.
- Foster independence and self-discipline: These two elements are necessary ingredients for problem solving and achievement.
- Provide opportunities for success: This encourages appropriate risk taking and expansion of parameters.
- Meet each child’s individual needs whenever possible: A concept, which builds trust and respect for others.
- Supply age-appropriate materials and curricula.
- Foster positive guidance techniques.
- Recognize and praise accomplishments.
- Offer a balance and variety in the types of activities.
- Provide opportunities for cognitive development.
- Support students during new experiences.
- Model good health and safety practices.
We feel that parents should be involved in their child’s development. The key to achieving this in out-of-school time programs is open communication between parents and staff. This coordination will allow the program to supplement and complement other experiences in the child’s life as well as provide the child with a sense of security that enhances development.
Prospects is funded in part by a federal 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant (in grades K-3) and as such is designed to address academic and social skills through fun and engaging activities. The program structure is as follows:
- Prospects is staffed by a combination of regular school day teachers and outside providers and partners.
- The Prospects program provides a wider variety of activities, each carefully designed to link closely to the regular school day program. Students will be expected to read and/or write in all classes.
- We accommodate 1, 3, and 5 day/week options; preferences will be given to families who opt for the 5-day option, and thereafter to 3-day per week applications. Single day applications will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- The typical schedule for the Prospects after-school program will be as follows:
- 3:00 to 3:30 PM: Snack/transition time
- 3:30 to 4:30 PM: Homework Lab
- 4:30 to 5:30 PM: Enrichment Class
- 6:00 PM: Dismissal (late fees apply after 6:00)
This is a fee-based program. Fee collection takes place via an automated debit system. We accept voucher payments.
For more information on the Prospects OST program and to a registration packet and fee schedule, please contact April Slater, OST Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-284-7804.
Examples of Enrichment Classes
Arts & Crafts
|Healthy Lifestyle Club
Strong Women Strong Girls