Food Programs & Resources
Free "Grab & Go" School Meals are available for pickup at PHA's Upper Elementary Campus, located at 17 Franklin Street in Somerville. Pickups will occur on Wednesdays from 1:00 - 3:30 PM.
Order your meals online using your PowerSchool account. Ordering instructions and additional meals program information can be found by clicking here.
Other Grab & Go Meal Sites
Kids and teens can get free meals at hundreds of locations throughout the state, no registration or ID required! Free Grab & Go sites across Massachusetts will continue through June 2021. Locations are continuously added and updated— USE THIS MAP (CLICK HERE) to find the closest Grab & Go site to home! Just type in your address and click on the markers to see the exact address of the Grab & Go sites near you.
Additional Food Assistance
Search for food assistance programs in the state of Massachusetts by visiting https://www.mass.gov/decision-tree/find-food-assistance. If you need food right away, please call the CONFIDENTIAL and ANONYMOUS Project Bread FoodSource Hotline at 800-645-8333 for information on how to find food near you.
Below please find a list of sites that provide free food in the cities of Somerville and Cambridge:
- Visit www.SomervilleFoodSecurity.org for food pantry locations and hours. Call ahead, as they may have new procedures for social distancing. The website will state restrictions like requiring an ID or proof of residency in Somerville.
- The City of Somerville and Food For Free are running a supplemental food pantry. Please register in advance to pick up groceries. Deliveries reserved for those in quarantine or with limited mobility. Please limit use to once per week.
- Elizabeth Peabody House Food Pantry: 275-277 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145; 617-623- 55100.
- Project SOUP Main Food Pantry: Cross Street Senior Center, 165 Broadway, Somerville, MA 02145; 617- 623-6111
- Project SOUP Emergency Food Pantry: Somerville Homeless Coalition Offices, 1 Davis Square, Somerville, MA 02145
- CEOC Food Pantry: 11 Inman St, Cambridge, MA 02139; 617-868- 2900
- East End House Emergency Food Pantry: 105 Spring Street, Cambridge, MA 02141; 617-876-4444
- The Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House Emergency Food Pantry: 71 Cherry Street, Cambridge, MA 02139; 617-547-4680 ext. 230
- Food for Free: 11 Inman St, Cambridge, MA 02139; 617- 868-2900