Prospect Hill Academy Charter School (PHA) is a PreK to Grade 12 college preparatory charter public school located across three campuses in Somerville and Cambridge, Massachusetts. PHA was founded in 1996 with the mission to prepare each student for success in college, inspire a lifelong love of learning, and foster responsible citizenship.
The PreK to College Journey
- A uniquely diverse, international school community, including a student body representing more than 25 different nationalities
- A strong and caring school community based on restorative practices that balances high expectations, high accountability, and high support for our students
- An award-winning K-12 Computer Science program, including a PHAb Lab makerspace for grades K-3, participation in robotics competitions, and an Esports team
- Countless expanded learning opportunities for all students, including STEAM Saturday which provides free, hands-on, engaging, and fun enrichment programming for students in grades K-8
- A robust family engagement structure that allows for family voice and fully supports families through the college application and financial aid process
- The Collegiate Institute, designed to academically and social/emotionally prepare all students for the transition between school and college
- Exemplary College Counseling program, with approximately 90% of our graduates enrolling in college each year, the majority being the first in their families to do so
Our Engaged, Diverse Student Population
We serve 1,000 students across PreK to Grade 12:
- Racially & Socio-Economically Diverse: 89% People of color | 68% Low-income
Global & Multicultural: 44% First language not English | 25+ Languages spoken at home | 40+ Massachusetts cities and towns represented
Top-Rated For College Success
- PHA consistently places among the top high schools in the nation per U.S. News & World Report in its annual “Best High Schools” ranking.
- In 2023, Niche rated PHA among the top ten charter high schools in the Boston area.
- Aided by our Alumni Support program, 72% of our alumni graduate from college, significantly outpacing the 59% national average.