Frequently Asked Questions
When does the PHA admissions application open?
When is the application deadline?
When are your Open House events?
When will the Lottery be held?
How can I get confirmation that my application has been received?
When will I be notified of Lottery results?
Please note: if your home address, phone number or email address change after you have submitted application(s); PLEASE be sure to make changes to send your updated contact information to [email protected] or to one of the campus level admissions coordinators (listed below); if we do not have your up-to-date information, we will not be able to contact you when/if your child/ren move to the top of the waitlist.
How old does a child have to be to apply for PreK and Kindergarten?
Kindergarten: Five years of age by August 31 of any given year
August 31, 2019 for the 2024-2025 school year for Kindergarten.
I want to apply for more than one child. Do I need to submit separate applications for each child?
Yes; you must submit one application per child. Once you have submitted the first application, please go back to the start page and start a new form for your next child. If you need assistance to add an application any time, please contact the Admissions Coordinator at the appropriate campus (see list below) for the grade level.
I already have a child enrolled at PHA; do I have to submit an application for his/her sibling(s)?
Yes; you must submit one application per child and list the name and grade of the child already enrolled at PHA
Note: this applies to brothers/sisters/siblings of enrolled students only; please do not list cousins as enrolled siblings.
What documents are accepted as Proof of Residence?
The following documents are accepted as Proof of Residence as part of your application (upload a scan or photo):
- A Gas, Electricity or landline phone bill dated within the past 60 days (water, cable and cell phone bills do not qualify).
- A Deed or Mortgage payment dated within the past 60 days or a Property Tax bill dated within the last year.
- A current Lease, Section 8 Agreement or Landlord Affidavit ∆ (see our Address Verification Form - also available in Español, Kreyòl ayisyen and Português)
- A W2 form dated within the last year or Payroll stub dated within the past 60 days.
- A letter from an Approved Government Agency dated within the past 60 days. Approved Government Agencies include:
- Department of Revenue (DOR)
- Department of Children and Family Services (DCF)
- Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA)
- Department of Youth Services (DYS)
- Social Security
- Any communications on Commonwealth of Massachusetts letterhead
My child is on the waitlist for the current school year; do I have to fill out a new application for the next school year?
Yes; we start fresh each year and do not carry applications or wait lists over from one year to the next. Submitting an application for next year will not have any effect on your child’s waitlist status for the current year.
My child is on the waitlist for the current school year; what happens now?
We are required to fill any seat that opens in grades PreK-9 until February 15th of any given school year. If a seat opens in any one of those grades, we will contact the next person on the waitlist and continue to do so until the open seat is accepted. After February 15th, the waitlists will be void.
Are there academic requirements to be admitted to PHA?
My child is eligible for special education support; does PHA provide services for students with disabilities?
My child is classified as “Limited English Proficient (LEP)”; does PHA have an English as a Second Language (ESL) program?
Does PHA provide transportation?
Other questions? We are happy to help!
- Early Childhood Campus, Grades K-3: Cathy Traniello: [email protected] or 617.284.7811
- Upper Elementary Campus, Grades 4-6: [email protected] or 617.284.7948
- Middle School, Grades 7-8: Dominga Soto: [email protected] or 617.284.7920
- High School, Grade 9: Michele Quinlan: [email protected] or 617.284.7921
- General Admissions Information: Victoria Ellis: [email protected] or 617.284.7948